The LIHEAP eligibility process evaluates client information to determine eligibility for multiple energy assistance programs and services.
• Determines eligibility for utility energy assistance
• Provides waiting list of eligible clients
• Determines eligibility for the crisis intervention process
• Tracks time elapsed between application and payment
• Online appointment scheduling
ECOS LIHEAP provides a system-generated benefit amount based on criteria established by ECOS partners and consistent with their state plan.
• Customized benefit calculations per State Plan
•Authorized review and certification of benefit
• Quick access to information required to approve benefits
• System generated approval and denial notifications
• Benefit calculations according to program guidelines
ECOS LIHEAP manages the entire payment process from setting dollars-per-point to approving payments to vendors and clients.
• Payments to vendor and/or clients
• Refunds and redirects payments/credits to correct errors
• Pre-delivery and Post-delivery payment options
• Validations to prevent duplicate payments
• Tracks and displays remaining approved benefits
• Financial data for processing the next fiscal year
• Bi-direction Interface with agency accounting system
The ECOS Vendor Management module maintains a historical record of all vendor contracts, manages information provided by vendors and communicates benefit, voucher and payment notices.
• Vendor Contract Management
• Review and update of vendor account information
• Vendor portal for client benefit and payment information
• Bi-directional interface with vendor billing systems
• Notifications to communicate with vendors
• Vendor Reports and document storage